Can I renew or extend my loans?
Yes, you can renew your loans although you don't need to. Your loans automatically renew the day before they are due back if there are no requests or if the maximum due date has not been reached.
To renew your loans:
- Sign in to your Library Search account
- Click on the Loans tab
- Find the item you wish to renew and click the Renew button
Items that are renewable include:
- 7 Day loans for a maximum of 14 days
- General loans for a maximum of 56 days for students and 128 days for staff
- DVDs and Games for a maximum of 6 days
Items on loan from other libraries might be renewable. Contact us to request an extension from the lending library.
Still concerned about renewing or extending your loans?
You can phone us during office hours, or email us the details if you are unable to renew items via Library Search, or have special circumstances preventing you from returning an item. Email requests will be handled during office hours.