Q. What is Mendeley and how can I get upgraded access?
Mendeley is a citation management tool, similar to RefWorks and EndNote, that allows you to:
- collect and organize citations
- easily insert citations into documents
- format bibliographies
- automatically create references by PDF drag and drop
Bond Library provides access to Mendeley Institutional Edition (MIE). MIE offers more storage space and collaboration features than the free version of Mendeley. Note that the Library does not offer full support for Mendeley. If you're unsure whether RefWorks, EndNote or Mendeley might be the best fit for you please contact the Library. See our Library Guide for more information.
To get the extra features of the Mendeley Institutional Edition:
- If you do not have a Mendeley Account, first head to www.mendeley.com to sign up for your free account.
- Once you have an account, sign in to Mendeley while you are the Bond University Campus, using a Bond PC.
- Your account should now be upgraded to the Institutional Edition, and you will have this access on all devices. You can check this in your account settings, under 'Subscription'.
- If you have any trouble upgrading your account to the Institutional Edition please contact the Library.
Staff can also install the Desktop version of Mendeley on their work PC via the Software Centre in Windows.